I am bowing the pair and having a very tough time with steering the silly boat. We go zig-zag down the Schuylkill River. With the incredible amount of boat traffic it can be dangerous to get off course not to mention the 4 bridges you have to wind your way through. I am slowly getting the hang of it. My coach actually had to take the rudder off the boat so that steering was easier. We have only hit the bridge once though. Poor Tracy, she has to trust that I won't run us into the bridges. Whoops.
I am also learning how to manage my strength. The word steady state just simply doesn't exist in my mind. I am just naturally an intense person. If you know me well then you already know this about me. When you are doing a high volume of training then you have to learn how to control your heart rate and strength so that your energy lasts through all of your workouts. I bet my Uncle Mike who is training for the Wisconsin Iron Man has this aspect of training fine-tuned. I mean let's be honest anyone who swims 2 miles, bikes 112 miles, and runs 26 miles all in one day must know the science behind pacing.
WAY TO GO UNCLE MIKE! GOOD LUCK TRAINING
No comments:
Post a Comment