Training is a lifestyle

I have recently come to the realization that training is not simply a 60 minute time slot in the gym 5 days a week. Training is in fact a lifestyle. The dictionary definition of lifestyle is the way in which a person or group lives. I suppose now I can officially call myself an athlete but if I want to be part of the club I need to submit to the lifestyle of an athlete.

So what is that lifestyle like? Well that is a very good question. I think there are lots of factors that play into the lifestyle of an athlete. For starters athletes need some kind of normal routine that allows equal time for workouts, eating, drinking (water that is!) making money and last but certainly not least athletes need ample R and R (Rest and Recovery). Those all seems like pretty basic needs and activities; but when you break it all down there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. Still not sure how I am going to do it all. I'll get back to you about that.

1 comment:

A. said...

Very true, Emma. I know that you can do it. Just remember: GO NUTS!